Friday, July 8, 2016

Edenic--By David Palmer--United States

Edenic

Upon these banks where You fashion’d my soul,
Please pronounce again your Divine blessing,
“It is not good for Dave to be alone!”
Upon my soul, this ongoing freedom
To be my own man, set my schedule,
Stare through my four walls while writing sonnets
Has grown old. Re-create my soul to give
Itself unreservedly to her heart.
Knead the clay comprising me to remove
Stones of self-absorption and impatience,
Stubborn insistence that my will prevail.
Give me a generous heart that invests
In her success. Purify my soulish 
Pools that she sees Your reflection through me.

David Palmer makes his home in Renton, Washington, just outside Seattle.  As a former minister, and avid reader, he is a lover of poetry and has written 88 sonnets, mostly for the delight of his friends.  He currently works for Bloodworks Northwest in Bellevue, Washington, a blood center supplying whole blood, platelets and plasma for transfusion to patients in hospitals in Alaska, Washington, and Oregon.

7 comments:

  1. Wonderful, heart felt petition, David.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Michael Todd -- thank you so very much. This I endeavor to follow, my choice to love her that way.

      Delete
  2. May "she" see the Divine reflection in you every moment of every day. What a lovely poem that "invests" in the success of the person you love! Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Carolyn Martin -- thank you so very much. To your kind comments, I can only say a hearty "Amen."

      Delete
  3. This is Very very Edenic! A captivating description and an awesome mimic of creation. This is so creative. 👏Only David can write this!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely petition, David. Well-written and heartfelt. Thank you for sharing it and continued blessings!

    -MJ (www.tgbtgpublictions.com)

    ReplyDelete
  5. How lovely to see you My dear friend, as ever I have seen best Poetry of yours, this too admires me much. Thanks for sharing.
    Me too is here with my Creation "THE EAGLE ".

    ReplyDelete