Wednesday, July 27, 2016

Reflecting--By Andrea Dietrich--United States

Reflecting

wonder
if poems
birthed from my soul
might be - like my days on this earth - numbered.

Days are fleeing, yet in the sky I see
infinity,
and so I
make a 
wish.

May
poems
reflect my
mind boundlessly
like those stars that illuminate the night.

Andrea Dietrich grew up in Iowa and now resides in Utah with a spouse and two cats. She has two grown children and six grandchildren. Having graduated BYU with a Spanish major/ESL minor, she has spent most of her adult life teaching. It wasn't until 2000 that she began writing in earnest and discovering her "niche" as a writer of lyrical poetry. The internet opened up a new world for her, and she has spent nearly a decade now participating in poetry clubs, acting as a judge of poetry contests for various magazines and for the website Shadow Poetry.

7 comments:

  1. I raelly enjoyed this, love how it is constructed. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love this, Andrea. The first reflection is such a powerful, though-provoking piece; the second one touches my heart; and the third one softly resonates in my thoughts. Thank you for sharing and continued blessings!

    -MJ (www.tgbtgpublictions.com)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love this one, Andrea! No matter how many poems we write in our given lifetimes, we can only hope our words live on forever somehow.

    ReplyDelete
  4. very enjoyable. I liked the way the intensity built both in length and in width.

    ReplyDelete
  5. heartfelt & thoughtful, my friend x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Andrea,
    I love this poem, in content and format.
    Your friend,
    David Fox

    ReplyDelete
  7. I guess many of us come of an age where we consider life similarly Andrea, but you capture those thoughts beautifully within your poetry. Good to see you, thanks for sharing and hope all's well... xx

    ReplyDelete