Wednesday, July 6, 2016

Owl See You--By Jan Allison--United Kingdom

Owl See You

Please don’t ruffle my feathers
It is very rude when you stare
I have the most sensitive hearing
And I know you are lurking there

I mainly venture out at night
For I really am quite shy
Many people don’t even see me
For I don’t make a noise when I fly

My head can turn 270 degrees
So my eyesight is extremely good
Under cover of dark I lurk in the shadows
So you may not see me in the wood

Jan Allison is a relative newcomer to poetry. She didn’t start writing poetry until her husband was diagnosed with prostate cancer and underwent surgery at the end of 2013. She wrote her first poem ‘Splendid Isolation’ whilst he was in hospital. Since then has discovered a love of poetry and has written over 500 poems. Jan also wrote collaboratively with her writing partner Darren Watson under the name Jadazzle United.

2 comments:

  1. Jan,
    Some clever imagery in this poem! I really enjoyed reading it.
    Your friend,
    David Fox

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful. Well-written and fun. Nice one, Jan. Thank you for sharing and continued blessings!

    -MJ (www.tgbtgpublictions.com)

    ReplyDelete