Thursday, July 21, 2016

God Made Us All Equal--By Ron Larson--United States

God Made Us All Equal

When I get cut-off on the highway,
I try my very best to understand.
That old boy may have had a rough day.
After all, he's just a common man.

And when I'm standing in the check-out line,
And the sign reads: "Ten items, please,"
This gal's got her basket filled up to the top,
And she's standing there shooting the breeze.

Well, it's been said: "God made us all equal."
But sometimes I wonder if that's true.
If God really made us all equal,
Then equal must equal very few.

Now, it is just my imagination,
Or is everyone just like you and me?
We're all going around in circles,
Trying to keep some sanity.

Ron Larson is a retired community college professor (Ph.D.) and has had both fiction and non-fiction published in various journals over the years. He has been writing poetry for the last two years. His poems have been accepted by such diverse magazines as The American Dissident, Big Pulp, and WestWard Quarterly.

4 comments:

  1. wow I love this very clever whitey write. Ts non of us are perfect well not all the time,Maybe we should be more understanding of others and not jump to conclusions. I believe we were all created equal but unfortunately as you now we are not. A really great write to ponder .Well done pete.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Enjoyed this. Kind of you to share.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nicely done and well-written, Ron. A timely and reflective piece, helping us to understand that we all can learn something from one another. Thank you for sharing and continued blessings!

    -MJ (www.tgbtgpublictions.com)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ron,
    Great poem,
    I believe that we are truly unique beings. There are those that are rich, and are poor, fart and thin, etc. Even twins who look alike can have their differences in their personalities. Great poem.
    Your friend,
    David Fox

    ReplyDelete