Saturday, July 16, 2016

Lovely in Love--By Gerald McBreen--United States

Lovely in Love

Love is as close as we’ll get to heaven.
It is what makes people, like you and me, glow
     it is what makes life a radiant flow.
Lovely is the love of you and I.
And it must be tended with gentle care
     because it is the dream I promised you.
Together we’ll make it true.
Not an easy thing to do.
Lover’s hearts open wide,
     you’ll love me, I’ll love you,
     and that’s as close to heaven as it gets.

Gerald McBreen is the Coordinator for the Striped Water Poets of Auburn, WA. They host an "open mic" every first Monday of the month. He is Poet Laureate of Pacific, WA. (2009-2015) His most recent award - winning the online Cover Letter Contest for July, 2014 - River Styx. He loves to see members of the Striped Water Poets advance and get published. 

1 comment:

  1. Nicely done, Gerald. Love is definitely powerful. I love how you relayed that through your poem. Thank you for sharing and continued blessings!

    -MJ (www.tgbtgpublictions.com)

    ReplyDelete