Wednesday, July 20, 2016

Memories of You--By Tom Davis--United States

Memories of You

Memories,
Like ancient ghosts,
Haunt the attic of my mind

Burning kindling’s pungent smell
Hovering
In crisp fall air

Lovers skating
Arm in arm
Across frozen pond

Lazy hum of bumble bee
Foraging nectar
Giving life

Releasing your hand,
I watched you cross that muddy river
And yearned, so, for the other side

Now, I lie and listen
To the night’s
silence call

But I’ll remember you, my love
And all the good times we had

In his younger years, Tom Davis served as a Special Force Combat Diver. It seems to him that he spent more time on, in, and under the water than as a landlubber. This and other adventures he has written about in his memoir, The Most Fun I Ever Had With My Clothes On: A March From Private to Colonel. http://www.oldmp.com/davismemoirs  

2 comments:

  1. Wonderful and touching. I enjoyed "Memories of You," Tom. Thank you for sharing and continued blessings. And, I am not sure if you are new to Whispers or not, but if you are, welcome. Continued blessings!

    -MJ (www.tgbtgpublictions.com)

    ReplyDelete
  2. very touching, thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete