Tuesday, July 26, 2016

Love Paved the Way--By Patricia Ann Farnsworth-Simpson--Canary Islands

Love Paved the Way

There’s a dog eared page in my life
With dark hollow days I can’t forget
When I was heartbroken full of strife
And the pain lives within me yet

Each day it seemed my pain thickened
But though pain weighed I had to carry on
Even though inside I felt sickened
I had to think of my son

For he was the one setting love ablaze
When time tested he made me smile
Memory soothed easing me through pain’s craze
Now it’s love I feel all the while

Yes! Love paved the way for me
It made me understand that life
Is about loving and caring eternally
And how you handle the strife

Patricia Ann Farnsworth-Simpson is a coal miners daughter, the only girl among 6 lads. A young mother to a son, she became a widow before she turned 18.  Patricia, then, married her childhood sweetheart who fathered her lovely son and two wonderful daughters.  Her children encouraged her to pursue her own talents.  After 51 years of marriage, she became a widow again recently. She fills her time with poetry, helping others whenever she can.

2 comments:

  1. Well said and well-written, Patricia. Thank you for sharing, "Love Paved the Way." Continued blessings!

    -MJ (www.tgbtgpublictions.com)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like the idea of certain days of our lives being like dog-eared pages in a book, we remember those days and refer back to them sometimes, but we do move on to new chapters in life. Beautiful poem, Patricia!

    ReplyDelete