Friday, May 6, 2016

A Tribute to Glen Frey and The Eagles--By Sandra Stefanowich--Canada

A Tribute to Glen Frey and The Eagles

A shadow of amber light
hidden eyes that betray
of the heartache tonight
down inside the sad café

a distant church bell ringing
rain upon sorrowed ground
then a wind blew in stealing
a soft, easy, peaceful sound

wishing but I can't tell you why
of the loss that has you reeling
when you've set them free to fly
it's one of the loneliest feelings

pen to paper in a simple rhyme
the best of my love I give to you
and to sweet memories in time
bright lights have faded to blue

Song titles and words used from The Eagles; Sad Café, Heartache Tonight, Peaceful Easy Feeling, I Can't Tell You Why, The Best of My Love, Take It To the Limit.

Born in Toronto, Ontario, Sandra Stefanowich is a self-taught writer. She has been writing off and on since an early age. Most of her writing revolves around what she sees in everyday life, nature and her concerns about mankind. She enjoys reading, writing, hiking, animals and photography. 

6 comments:

  1. Dear Sandra, Lovely! I sure do enjoy The Eagles songs, and thank you for sharing your poem with us!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your tone was excellent and the liked the way you wove the titles into the poem without being too heavy-handed.

    ReplyDelete
  3. love this, my friend - great to see you're feeling up to writing xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. I agree with Arthur. :) I enjoyed reading this tribute to Glenn Frey.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sandra, thank you so much for this warm and reflecting tributary poem to Glen Frey. I was (still am) a huge fan of the Eagles. His passing was sad and a blow to the music world. I'm going to go listen to "I Can't Tell You Why," "New Kid in Town," and "No More Cloudy Days" right now.

    -MJ (www.tgbtgpublictions.com)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you all for your comments they were very appreciated.

    Sandra

    ReplyDelete