Saturday, May 28, 2016

The Ballad of Fifteen Bucks--By Ron Larson--United States

The Ballad of Fifteen Bucks

It ain’t Christian, but I did it anyway.
I went to see Madam Sophie the other day.
I did it under the light of a full moon
On the outside of town, it this little room.

Now Madam Sophie, she’s got this crystal ball,
And she said: “For fifteen bucks, I’ll tell it all.”
What she said there in the still of the night
Left me with a bit of fright.

She said, “Son, you better go to church on Sunday,
And stop foolin’ around with Susie Brown.
I see it all, right here in my crystal ball.
Now get your sinnin’ buns back to town.”

Well, when I got back, I was thinkin’ she was right,
And I must admit, I learned somethin’ that night.
She has my word, I will repent,
But that’s the fastest fifteen bucks I ever spent.

Ron Larson is a retired community college professor (Ph.D.) and has had both fiction and non-fiction published in various journals over the years. He has been writing poetry for the last two years. His poems have been accepted by such diverse magazines as The American Dissident, Big Pulp, and WestWard Quarterly.

1 comment:

  1. Funny and witty. Enjoyed it. Thanks for sharing, Ron. Continued blessings!

    -MJ (www.tgbtgpublictions.com)

    ReplyDelete