Friday, May 13, 2016

No Less A Man--By Emile Pinet--Canada

No Less A Man

Waking to a world of pain,
truth cuts deep as any blade.
And as eyes squint from the strain,
the sun rises and dreams fade.

Held to ridicule and jest,
hunger haunts body and soul.
And yet, there’s no time for rest,
as I wolf down scraps I stole.

Searching faces with no name,
I'm seldom far from a tear.
And I feel nothing, but shame,
alone and bullied by fear.

Children sometimes rudely stare,
and I feel hurt and unsure.
Yet, it's what I'm forced to bear,
like the laughter, I endure.

I'm human, no less a man,
praying upon bended knee.
And I do the best I can,
so I ask, "please God, why me?”

Emile Pinet was born in a small city, (Bathurst) New Brunswick, Canada, the third eldest of thirteen children, ten girls and three boys. He is the product of a semi-dysfunctional family, brought up by a physically abusive and controlling father, versus a loving, nurturing mother. Many of his poems reflect the uniqueness of nature, which he loves, and his poetic observations of life in general. Emile is 66 years old and has been writing poems since he was about 35. The ideas started to come to him rapidly one day at work-- he decided to write them down and express himself through his poetry.

4 comments:

  1. Touching poem. Creativity at its best. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice. Very well done. Sentimental and thought-provoking as well. Thank you for this beautiful poem, Emile. Continued blessings!

    -MJ (www.tgbtgpublictions.com)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I especially like the phrase "bullied by fear"--would like to see that explored! Thanks!

    ReplyDelete