Tuesday, May 3, 2016

Under These Slow and Sinking Pale Half-Moons--By Robert Lindley--United States

Under These Slow and Sinking Pale Half-Moons

Angel of soft, ever wanting touch;
Delivers with serenity in tow;
That this sunken vessel needs very much-
Set thy eyes upon my dark, fleeting soul!

Will this humble plea strike upon thy heart;
Shall from it, thee ever give joyous tunes?
Or force in me yet another sad start-
Under these slow and sinking, pale half-moons.

Angel of my heart's desperate desires;
Will thee ever prepare that blessed meal,
Roasting delicately upon hot fires-
Aye, thy gentle hand my soul doth now feel!

Robert Lindley is poet from the Southern USA. He has been writing poetry since 1969. Robert writes with the intent to offer others words to enjoy and with high hopes he may inspire and brighten lives in some way.

2 comments:

  1. Good job, Robert. Nicely written. I enjoyed reading your poem. Thank you for sharing and continued blessings!

    -MJ (www.tgbtgpublictions.com)

    ReplyDelete
  2. This one touched my heart.Thank you,Sanjeev Sethi.

    Thank you,Whispers

    Nancy Arora

    ReplyDelete