Saturday, May 14, 2016

Grandmother’s Song--By Pam Murray--Canada

Grandmother’s Song

What do you dream of
As you toss and turn?
What will the days bring
And what will you learn?

You ask your questions
And I just don’t know
The answers, but I love
Watching you grow.

Each day you seem taller
And wiser to me.
The world is more open
As you make me see

Changes and sameness
That shift like the sands
And imagination
You shape with your hands;

The colours you picture,
The stories you tell.
Just watching your slumber,
You shape me as well.

Born in Calgary, Alberta, Pam Murray has been writing poetry since the mid-1960’s.  She was married for over 41 years and has two daughters, a son-in-law, and a grandson.  Pam has been published in a variety of venues.  Her proudest writing accomplishment was a poem she wrote for a United Way fundraiser, which was later framed with a French translation and hung on the wall of the legislature in Ottawa, Canada.  To her, poetry is a transposition of a vision she sees in her mind. Writing and crocheting are her passions.

3 comments:

  1. I am loving these poems with sentiments that I am reading thus far, including this endearing delight. Nice work, Pam. Thank you for sharing and continued blessings!

    -MJ (www.tgbtgpublictions.com)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Pam, what a lovely song for your grandchild. We do learn from our children and grandchildren, it is so true. We are never to old to learn. This is a lullabye Pam. I loved it!
    Mahalo, Connie

    ReplyDelete