Monday, May 9, 2016

Eternal Truths--By Ojo Taiye--Nigeria

Eternal Truths

home is not a portion of earth
Neither is it country dawn
nor city light
home is the fate beyond the sun
beyond feelings and time
a sanctum for lambs
a burning belly for dogs
a fatality for both wisdom and foolishness
thither – finally, when this noose is
 loose

Ojo Taiye is a writer from Delta State, Nigeria. He is a graduate of Microbiology from Tansian University. Taiye, has some of his muddled thoughts published in a few online and offline magazines.

5 comments:

  1. There is a complexity and multiplicity about the idea of "home" and you explore some of them. Personally, I love "In my Father's house are many abiding places". But I also get a simple but deep pleasure from the place of my temporary abode.

    ReplyDelete
  2. A very interesting view, Ojo. Thank you for sharing your thoughts and talent.
    Charlene

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ojo,
    I liked this! Welcome to Whispers (if you are new).
    Your new friend,
    David Fox

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hello Ojo. Thank you for sharing your poem. I enjoyed it. Continued blessings!

    -MJ (www.tgbtgpublictions.com)

    ReplyDelete