Friday, May 27, 2016

Tanka--By Anne Curran--New Zealand

cockle shells fallen
from the dusty wind chime …
letting go
my lover’s ashes
scattered to sea
_______________

I hear the sweetness
in my lover’s voice …
and I know
I am swimming
in the shallow end
_______________

not of the generation
to make soup for winter ...
neither do I know
how to message friends
on a smartphone
_______________

Anne Curran is a Japanese verse forms poet from Hamilton, New Zealand.  Anne has been writing poetry for about ten years with the encouragement of friends and family. She draws inspiration from the world around her. She has been fortunate to enjoy the wisdom of some fine editors and fellow poets.

2 comments:

  1. love these tanka Anne - would love to meet up some time - Maureen Sudlow

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice tanka, Anne. Fun-filled. Thank you for sharing and continued blessings!

    -MJ (www.tgbtgpublictions.com)

    ReplyDelete