Thursday, May 12, 2016

free verse poem--By ayaz daryl nielsen--United States

evening wind over the meadow
clusters of blackberry thickets
with meadowlarks, again, calling 
their luminous notes, prickling 
my heavily veined hands 
and weathered skin. . .
and it seems I’m more than I was
a man, yes, quivering and awake 
yes, a man, 
awake

ayaz daryl nielsen, a veteran, x-roughneck (as on oil rigs) and hospice nurse, editor of bear creek haiku (25+ years/125+ issues), homes for his poems include Lilliput Review, Cattails, High Coupe, Shamrock, Scifaikuest, Shemom, Whispers… and! online at bear creek haiku poetry, poems and info (translates as joie de vivre)

6 comments:

  1. a hug and admiration for 'Whispers' and Karen!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Dear ayaz,

      The admiration goes both ways. You are such a talented writer and editor, a light in the poetry community. Wishing you the best with all your writing endeavors.

      Blessings,
      Karen

      Delete
  2. Ripe imagery with your summer berry goodness but mind those prickly hedgerows! Enjoyed my visit.

    ReplyDelete
  3. great one my friend!!! cheers!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks ayaz. I love free verse and I enjoyed your thoughts in this poem. Thank you for sharing and continued blessings!

    -MJ (www.tgbtgpublictions.com)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ayaz, This moves very nicely and I like the unusual use of "prickling" as well as the "awake" at the end--close to stunning! Thanks!

    ReplyDelete