Saturday, May 21, 2016

Haiku--By Barbara Tate--United States

family reunion
three grandchildren help
feed the cows
_______________

autumn
the internal clock
winds down
_______________

southern breeze
staking out bare trees
the robins
_______________

I talk to myself
hearing what is said
       sunday silence
_______________

Thoughts from Barbara--Haiku, Senryu, & Haibun are such a pleasure to write. I'd like to thank Francine Banwarth (ed: Frogpond), Paul Miller (ed: Modern Haiku), Bob Lucky (ed: Contemporary  Haibun Online, an'ya, Sonam Chhoki and Marianna Monaco of Cattails, Fay Aoyagi of The Heron’s Nest, and Mike Rehling for all the help and 'mini lessons'. I also want to thank Ayaz Daryl Nielsen of Bear Creek Haiku, and a special thanks to Karen O'Leary for my Whispers’ family and writing some good strong Tan Renga with me. I am truly blessed. 

12 comments:

  1. I want to thank Karen for everything she does. Just when I am wondering if I'm getting too old, are my words no longer fitting together, along comes Karen and all of the Whispers family and gives me the inspiration I need. I am so grateful for Whispers.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Dear Barbara,

      It is a pleasure to have you a part of our growing community. Thank you for your lovely words today.

      Many blessings,
      Karen

      Delete
  2. Barbara,
    All these are great but being an animal lover and a female cousin named Robin, that is my definite favorite.
    Your friend,
    David Fox

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you David, and thank you for your friendship over the years.

      Delete
  3. Enjoyed the Haiku, especially the last one.... I talk to myself
    hearing what is said
    sunday silence

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. Wrote that one back on the mountain with absolutely no one around.

      Delete
  4. Very nice, thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I really enjoyed these haiku, Barbara. Thank you.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I really enjoyed these haiku, Barbara. So glad you sent them in. Thanks to Karen also.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hello Barbara. I really enjoyed your haiku, especially that second one. Thank you for sharing and continued blessings!

    -MJ (www.tgbtgpublictions.com)

    ReplyDelete
  8. these are lovely haikus creating a homely, serene ambiance

    ReplyDelete