Wednesday, February 15, 2017

Blinded by Truth---By Glenda Frazier--United States

Blinded by Truth

Guided by my own truth
I would stumble and fall daily
Bruised by my blinded decisions
Walking down a path I could not see
Trying to find my own way
I wrote down my daily list
I drank my cup of coffee then off I went
Heading straight into a shadowy ditch
Struggling just to get by
Worn down often I cried
So confused I could not relax
Humble and weak I said to God...
"Not my will but your will to be done"
Meditating on God's Word both day and night
Letting Him guide me through my everyday life
No longer blinded by my own self-righteousness
Trusting in God and him alone
Knowing that God's will for me is written in His Word
I see clearly now following my Masters' plan

Glenda Frazier and her husband Andre reside in Pace, Florida.  She has been writing poetry for over 20 years and has finally compiled some of them in her most recent book, Poems that Bleed.  She enjoys writing and spending time with her family and friends.  God has instructed her to share her book of poems as an inspirational tool to witness to the lives of her readers.

7 comments:

  1. Glenda,
    A great poem . I love seeing your poetry in Pancakes in Heaven and Creative Inspirations, both of which I trade ads with. Good poem!
    Your friend,
    David Fox
    Editor, The Poet's Art

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello David. I have seen some of your work as well and have enjoyed reading it! Thank you for your support.

    Blessings,

    Glenda

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dear Glenda, What an absolutely wonderful poem, with which I can well relate. Learning to let go and let God is not an easy task but so well worth it: the prize peace. Sorry I was such a late bloomer. Better to bloom than not at all I guess.
    Love, Charlene

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you Charlene. God is our father and what loving father doesn't want to help us on our journey in life. Our Heavenly Father knows best.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful poem Glenda...Letting go & relinquishing our will to the Lord frees us from making the wrong decisions, & allows Him to order our steps in all situations! The chains of bondage are broken, His will be done! Love your poem. God bless you! Chris~

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Christine, I am so glad you enjoyed my poem. You know God is always in control and if we trust in him and lean not upon our own understanding it makes our journey in life go a lot smoother. Blessings...Glenda

    ReplyDelete
  7. Very well told, Glenda. All humans are "Blinded by Truth" As you coined. Wise is the person who crawls out of truth blind and seeks answers from God. Demostrated so well in this excelent poem.
    Yancy

    ReplyDelete