Tuesday, February 14, 2017

Poetry--By Stefanie Bennett--Australia

Word Forest   

And I saw you return in
the dream
I’d not dreamt
_______________

Grand Cross   

The gift from Echo...
a moonlit
letter
_______________

Bent Axis

No quick fix: the human
condition stings
its nettle
_______________

The Grey   

Tethered to the barber-pole:
a long-haired
‘Retriever’
 _______________

Talisman  

May the eye of a dragonfly
always be
upon you
_______________

Stefanie Bennett has published several books of poetry, a libretto
and a novel. Of mixed ancestry [Italian/Irish/Paugusset-Shawnee]
she was born in Queensland, Australia in 1945.

6 comments:

  1. Dear Stefanie,
    Thank you for each of these thoughtful and well-written haiku.
    Blessings,
    Michael

    ReplyDelete
  2. Stefanie,
    These are great, especially the one titled Great Cross. Welcome to Whispers if you are new, warm welcome from me even if you are not.
    Your new friend,
    David Fox

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dear Stefanie,

    It is a joy to see you already have two comments on your creative moments. Welcome to Whispers! I hope you enjoy your time spent with us.

    Blessings,
    Karen

    ReplyDelete
  4. Welcome to Whispers Stefanie. I loved your haiku. Thank you for sharing your talent.
    Charlene

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great thoughts you shared Stefanie. I loved every one of them. I long to go back to Australia where you live.
    Yancy

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hello Stephanie:
    I enjoyed reading these vinettes especially the one about
    the tethered retriever. I am an Australian living in the US.
    I hope you are happy here at Whispers. Welcome.
    SuZ

    ReplyDelete