Tuesday, February 14, 2017

Last Poem Written--By Tammy Manikas--United States

Last Poem Written

Memories and visions trapped in her head.
Spreading the feeling she's already dead.
Words would come without any strain.
Allowing her to write through the pain.
Within the ink she will forever hide.
Trying to be free of the darkness inside.
Knowing her destiny is to be alone and lost.
The agony in her words came at a cost.
Most of her life she's been treated unkind.
No longer able the words to find.
Not one feeling of love was ever displayed.
Many times in life she has been betrayed.
Unable to explain her life's tale.
Deciding to live behind the veil.
Her final thoughts in these lines.
Putting down her pen one last time.

Tammy Manikas (ML Poetry) resides in the great state of Michigan. She has been writing since a young age, and has a high interest in music.  Dreams of one of her works being turned into a song to be enjoyed by many.  You can follow her at--https://www.facebook.com/MLPoetry.T.Manikas/    p

7 comments:

  1. Dear Tammy,
    You have favored us with quite a poignant poem. I sense a hint of sadness within it but so much that is true about life. Truth is what good poets do!
    Blessings and thank you.
    Michael

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much for taking the time out to read it and let me know how it affected you, I appreciate it greatly.

      Delete
  2. Hello Tammy,

    This poem will speak to so many people's hearts. I love it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much for reading it and I am glad you liked it.

      Delete
  3. Tammy, thank you for your well written poignant poem, reminding me of the many years I have dealt with unkindness. Thank goodness for a talent of writing that helps each of us dig deep and hopefully find a special kind of love and kindness, already within, that is eternal.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, its most kind of you to say, and yes the world is so unkind. Thanks for reading it and letting me know how you felt.

      Delete
  4. Extreemly well though out write Tammy, And nicely done. I can't name how many times I have been tempted to lay down my writing pen. But writers feel responsibility to spread the truth, a deep thought to keep me writing. So keep your truth comming Tammy. Your writing is unique.
    Yancy

    ReplyDelete