Karen O’Leary, Editor Michael Escoubas, Features Editor
Partners in Poetry--Collaborative Feature
In an effort to increase opportunities for contributors and other writers, Whispers is offering an opportunity for collaborative poetry. The name for this opportunity is, Partners in Poetry. This new feature bears a resemblance to our popular collaborative feature that Whispers discontinued a few months back. However, we have made a few changes we think you will like. Please read on to learn about our revised collaborative feature and its submissions guidelines.
- Two or more writers may collaborate to submit poems for consideration to be featured at the site. At least one writer must be a current contributor. Each writer is eligible for one Partners in Poetry opportunity per month.
- If you are interested in partnering with another writer, please contact your Features editor at his email address; you will be given a theme. This new guideline creates a stronger bond of interaction between the editors and writers and verifies that the contributing authors want to write together.
- Preferred method of submission is to send your poems as a works document or in the body of an email with your name and country. Please email your partnered submission to Michael Escoubas at email@example.com. If you would rather submit by snail mail, please email me for my home address. You may email me with any questions you may have.
- Submissions to Partners in Poetry will be NEW WORK since a topic will be assigned for both poets to work on together. Please do not send quotes from others unless they are in the context of the piece submitted and that the original author is given credit. It is up to the authors to obtain permission if needed for reprints. By submitting to Whispers, the writers are assuring that the work is their own. Whispers reserves the right to delete any work that has been copied from other writers without credit or authorization.
- The total line-count of partnered poems should not exceed 40 lines. Writers should use the same form.
- No submissions deadline will be imposed. Take your time and enjoy the collaborative experience.
- Contributing to Partners in Poetry will be in addition to the regular submission opportunities. Any writer submitting for a feature retains their eligibility to submit a single author poem every other month. All authors of the poems submitted must provide consent for publication.
- No profanity, erotica, violence or other derogatory writing will be accepted.
- Whispers’ reserves the right to select poetry based on the goal stated at the end of the guidelines.
- Spiritual poetry is welcomed but the editor would like to have a variety of pieces that will uplift and inspire readers. Humor is appreciated.
- Poetry will be published along the left margin for consistency. Please keep that in mind when submitting.
- I hope you also participate by commenting on others’ writing.
It is my belief that the gift of words brings people together. What better way to celebrate that which unifies us than by partnering in poetry? Enjoy this fresh opportunity to connect, support, encourage, and inspire others.
Michael Escoubas, Features Editor