Tuesday, February 28, 2017

Early--By Greg Gregory--United States

Early

A strip of sun
spills onto the coffee table,
splitting it into two dark halves.
One half hold this morning’s paper
One half is empty, expectant,
and still hopeful.

Greg Gregory is retired, but worked in educational media for over 30 years.  His first love has always been language and the printed word.  He has been published in the US, Canada, and England in publications including California Quarterly, Windsor ReviewPoetry Nottingham, and The Aurorean

5 comments:

  1. Dear Greg,
    Love the way the sun "spills" onto the coffee table.
    You have a way of putting me there!
    Thank you,
    Michael

    ReplyDelete
  2. Greg, I loved the image you painted in this poem. I only wish I had a space on my coffee table to put one more thing. It reminds me to get better organized. Thank you for sharing your talent with us.
    Sincerly, Charlene

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really enjoyed this, great work!

    ReplyDelete
  4. A great poetry moment,well captured. Ralph

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very good Greg, all carved early around one strip of sun with hope
    still in tack.
    Yancy

    ReplyDelete