Friday, February 24, 2017

naked memories--By Jeanette Nel le Roux--South Africa

naked memories

I need to see inside myself
to know whether hills can grow
where mountains have crumbled

I know death wipes out the sadness of life
but where does it all go?

Why does every prayer in my soul
still starts and ends with your name?

Day after day, my pain
wears the mask of a virgin

Was it because I loved you with a love
more intense than love itself?

What is the use to linger and dance to the rhythm
of life whilst inside, I am empty?

I strip naked in poetry -
I feel detached but still
yearn for your touch

Jeanette Nel le Roux lives in the tranquil town of Mossel Bay on the beautiful Garden Route in South Africa since 1990.  She is a real estate agent since 1976, divorced in 2007, has 3 daughters and a son.  Jeanette's home language is Afrikaans, but she writes in both English and Afrikaans.  She has a poetry group on Facebook called "Jeanette Nel le Roux Poetry".  Jeanette seriously started writing poetry when her soulmate died in 2009.  She is published in several poetry books, together with other poets, but she will publish one of her own in the near future.

5 comments:

  1. Dear Jeanette, WOW, what a poignant write. May you find peace in knowing your soulmate lives on and is closer than you think. Thank you for sharing your talent.
    Love, Charlene

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really enjoyed this Jeanette, thanks for sharing it with us.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dear Jeanette,
    What a wonderful light you shine through this poem.
    Thank you,
    Michael

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Jeanett. "Naked Memories" paints to me a person who'll do everything possible to get what she wants in her love persuite. She
    sounds romatic and so determind that she may just win. I think it is very good.
    Yancy

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your comments are dearly appreciated, Charlene, Peggy, Michael, Yancy - thank you

    ReplyDelete