Friday, February 3, 2017

Lotus--By Lynn White--Wales

Lotus

If in the afternoon I come upon a land
and find the lotus blooming there,
Will I recognise it’s flowers and fruits.
Will I remember it’s story.
And in the evening,
after sniffing the fragrance
of the flowers and tasting the fruit,
will I have forgotten
to wonder.

(First published in Miscreant, April 2016)

Lynn White lives in north Wales. Her work is influenced by issues of social justice and events, places and people she has known or imagined. She is especially interested in exploring the boundaries of dream, fantasy and reality. Her poem 'A Rose For Gaza' was shortlisted for the Theatre Cloud 'War Poetry for Today' competition 2014. This and many other poems, have been widely published online and in print. Find her at lynnwhitepoetry.blogspot.com   

10 comments:

  1. Dear Lynn,
    I truly enjoyed this poem. I sense in it your propensity for writing dream poetry.
    Thank you,
    Michael

    ReplyDelete
  2. Poetry always renews our sense of wonder. Great subject and memorable read. A rare one. Thank you for this lovely piece. Ralph

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes, dreamy and magical. A pleasure to read.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Dear Lynn, Your writing opened my eyes with Googles help. Until now, I had never seen a Lotus, so I used the help of Google, even though a great friend and poet uses one as her Poetry handle.
    Thanks for posting this wonderful writing.
    Yancy

    ReplyDelete