Friday, February 24, 2017

Strength In the Night--By Charlene McCutcheon--United States

Strength In the Night

When in the gloominess of night,
all appears forever lost and gone,
He helps me find within, the light;
power to sing a brand new song.

"You're beloved, they will be fine!"
Ne'er from His words will I depart.
I'll harmonize with love divine;
what music to my heeding heart.

With His words, I clearly can see,
I will rise to heights that are new.
Believing His words, awakens me
to truly enjoy the heavenly view.

Now, better still my light to shine!
When others in the gloom of night
are discouraged, they too can find,
His words will help to win the fight.

Charlene McCutcheon is a 73 year old, wife, mother of seven, grandmother of thirty and great-grandmother of 14. She has just discovered her voice through poetry within the last few years. Her former ways of expression have been through the media of arts and crafts. Her desire to share herself with others for their benefit has been the motivating factor in all her endeavors. She loves life, work, play and most of all people. 

9 comments:

  1. Charlene,
    Such an inspiring wrote! Love it!!
    Yours truly,
    David Fox

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you David. I really appreciate your taking the time to comment.
      Sincerely Charlene

      Delete
  2. Dear Charlene,
    Your very large extended family is lucky to have such a loving person among them--as can easily be seen from this wonderful poem.
    Thank you,
    Michael

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Michael, thank you so much for your kind words. I truly feel Whispers is my extended family. You help make it feel as such.
      Love, Charlene

      Delete
  3. Beautiful poem Charlene....God's presence makes everything peaceful & bright, even on the darkest days! Thanks for sharing your lovely words! Good wishes, Chris~

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Christine, My dear "Whisper's sister", thank you so much for your confirming and kind words. I love you.
      Charlene

      Delete
  4. Very good Charlene, Words that draw me to my Knees for divine guidence.

    Yancy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Dear Yancy, "Whispers Brother", thank you for your very lovely comment on my poem. God bless you.
      Charlene

      Delete
  5. You are so welcome Charlene, my "Whispers sister". I learn
    so much my sisters and brothers on Whispers. Thanks again.
    Yancy

    ReplyDelete