Thursday, February 2, 2017

Poetry--By ayaz daryl nielsen--United States

winds of late autumn
blue gramma grasses dressed in
their winter colors
_________________

doors and windows locked
holding creased and weathered hands
watching late night news
_________________

some lousy stinker
swiped the morning paper I’m
usually swiping
_________________

rowing my night boat
toward the threshold
of awakening
every stroke of an oar
immersed in forgiveness
_________________

ayaz daryl nielsen, veteran, former hospice nurse, ex-roughneck (as on oil rigs) lives in Longmont, Colorado. Editor of bear creek haiku (26+ years/135+ issues) with poetry published worldwide, he also is online at:  bear creek haiku poetry, poems and info 

11 comments:

  1. hooray for this guy! more, more from him!
    signed,
    this guy
    (and best to all our poetic endeavors)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dear ayaz,
    Such talent for the haiku!
    You have blessed us again.
    Thank you,
    Michael

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thank you, Michael, and best to your day...

      Delete
  3. yes, hooray for this guy! nice to see your work here again ayaz, cheers!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Let me agree, too! Thank you, ayaz daryl, for sending Daniel Snethen my way as well.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. you just up and have a beautiful day, marianne, yup...

      Delete
  5. ayaz, "doors and windows locked..." is artfully done, you delicately invite the reader to think about so many other things

    ReplyDelete
  6. Enjoyed your perceptive little poems very much - and had a chuckle over your "lousy stinker."

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ayaz,
    I liked these, especially the second one. Thanks for all your years with bear creek haiku (and publishing my cat haiku).
    Your friend,
    David Fox

    ReplyDelete
  8. I loved all of these ayaz. I thoght the last one was the best. But I
    got a laugh over the third one. I like the way you write.
    Yancy

    ReplyDelete