Thursday, March 2, 2017

Freesias--By Inge Wesdijk (Daginne Aignend)--The Netherlands

Freesias

A vivid, robust strong man
Sparkling brown eyes
always accompanied with
his ebullient, thunderous laugh
He loved strolling through the forests
fascinated by all that grows
A special fondness
he felt for fragrant freesias
My fragile perfumed little miracles
he used to call them
 
His body played dirty tricks on him
Suffering from severe asthma,
he's almost allergic to everything
Swollen feet caused by gout,
he barely can walk on,
a slow shamble
The heart withered languidly
In a vegetative state, he became
as fragile as a freesia

Inge Wesdijk (Daginne Aignend) is a Dutch poetess.  She likes hard rock music, photography and fantasy books. Inge is a vegetarian and spends a lot of time with her animals. She started to write English poetry four years ago and posted some of her poems on her Facebook page and on her website.

11 comments:

  1. Dear Inge,
    Thank you for giving Whispers' readers this heartfelt poem.
    Blessings,
    Michael

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Michael, Freesias still have a special meaning for me since my Dad passed away ...

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is a very good writing Inge, when I was a young man working on my dads cattle ranch, I had this kind of problem with alfa hay. Its funny how what you love turns on you.
    Yancy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Yancy for reading my poem and your kind words
      All the best, Inge

      Delete
    2. Your thanks appreciated Inge, your work
      is an inspiration for me. Keep your good
      words coming.
      Yancy

      Delete
  4. A wonderful image filled piece of writing Inge, I enjoyed it. Ken

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very profound, involving and wholehearted words and images I could very well identify myself with...Thanks for sharing,
    Claudia

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Claudia, for your kind words
      All the best, Inge

      Delete
  6. Inge,
    A very nice poem. Thank you for sharing it here.
    ~Davidf

    ReplyDelete
  7. Enjoyed reading your lines which are not only well-written, but also moving! Freesias were always my favourite flowers! Thank you for posting your lines.
    Take care and all the best,
    Gert

    ReplyDelete