Wednesday, March 1, 2017

I plucked a dozen roses alone at nightfall--By Rick Parise--United States

I plucked a dozen roses alone at nightfall

I took an old poem that reminds me of you
I wrote it a dozen times hoping it would come true
You were my Summer and I was your Spring
Where rivers ran endless and sunlight reigned 

I took an old poem of flowering light
And walked through the forest with you by my side
With Summer's sweet crimson and Springtime's sweet call
I plucked a dozen roses alone at nightfall

Rick Parise, known as “A Pondering Poet”, is from the beautiful land of Salem, Oregon.  The main focus of his poetry is to take the reader to a meaningful, personal time in their lives, to a place where spirits are touched and memories unwind. He hopes you enjoy his work. To Contact Rick please email him at rapondering@yahoo.com  

5 comments:

  1. Rick,
    This is beautiful. I love it!
    Yours truly,
    David Fox

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dear Rick,
    Thank you for this unique poem.
    Most enjoyable.
    Blessings,
    Michael

    ReplyDelete
  3. Aah, how very sweet! I loved it! Thank you for sharing your talent.Charlene

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very good Rick. I liked the dreem build around plucking a dozen roses,
    writing poem a dozen times. My wife devoriced me and I lived alone for
    11 years. This poem struck memories. Thanks for writing.
    Yancy

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautifully written and I favour your line "You were my Summer and I was your Spring". Yes, I must agree with Yancy and your poem also struck my memories.
    Yours,
    Gert

    ReplyDelete