Sunday, February 22, 2015

Deep Inside--By Shirley Smothers--United States

Deep Inside

When I learned of my pregnancy
I burst with pride,
But then there was a pain
Deep inside.

The doctor informed me
The pregnancy had ended;
I felt my heart
Could never be mended.

The passage of time
has helped the pain subside,
But time to time, I shed a tear
Deep inside.

This child lives
in my heart,
I must confide,
Down deep inside.

Shirley Smothers is a poet. A few of her poems have appeared in Lone Stars Magazine, The Poets Art, and The Poetry Explosion Newsletter.

6 comments:


  1. Shirley Smothers

    So painful circumstance. Thanks, for such a resolve. This poem has just taught me that a little drop of hope to the heart heals a large mass of a problem. Thanks for sharing. Blessed.

    Andrew Ntchindi Jere

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you, Shirley Smothers, for the following--

    Will you please let Andrew know I very much appreciate his kind comments to my poem DEEP INSIDE. His words mean so much to me.

    Thanks,
    Shirley

    ReplyDelete
  3. Shirley, thank you for sharing some deeply felt heart ache as well as hope for the pain subsiding, in this well written poem. I appreciate your talent.
    Charlene

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sorry to hear you experienced this, Shirley. It is commendable of you to have the courage to write about something that hurt you. God's strength, peace and comfort be with you. You wrote such a beautiful poem. Continued blessings!

    -MJ (www.tgbtgpublictions.com)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Shirley, I cannot imagine the devastation in losing this baby! The thought of it gives me chills up and down my spine! Your words are beautifully expressed and this little soul must surely know that here on this cold cruel horizon, there is a great amount of love directed in that heavenly realm.............. Sheri

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank You so much for this nice comment. Writing this poem helped to communicate my emotional pain. Thank You for your healing works.

      Shirley

      Delete