Thursday, February 12, 2015

Restless Heart--By George Ellison--England

Restless Heart

The open road it softly calls, to my restless wandering heart
I feel the need to make footfall; my itchy feet keen to depart

To happily wander hills and dales; as a spring comes into my stride
To clear my head and cure my ails, under sunshine and clear blue skies

Not knowing where I’ll be at night, but always knowing I’ll arrive
Onward I travel so I might, keep me and my spirit alive

I love the feel of wind and rain, as it runs off right through my hair
I’ll travel on through life’s refrain, a happy wanderer without a care

The seasons they will come and go; my footsteps they will take me far
I’ll return when my feet say so; though my exploits they will not mar

Wandering soul restless thou art; I make my way to who knows where
The open road soft pulls at my heart, as I wander from here to there

Being hemmed in is not for me; I love seeing all that I can
So feet take me to where I see; of the outdoors, I’m a huge fan

One day I will trek my way home; I’ll have seen all there is to know
Only then full circle I’ll have come; my happy heart will then let go!

George L. Ellison is a writer of poetry and  short stories. He as published two books called Poetic Reminiscences and Weaving Words.  George lives with his wife and dogs in Chester-Le-Street, County Durham in England. He is a member of The Writers and Poetry Alliance. He is currently working on his new project as well as learning to play the saxophone at the Sage Gateshead!

5 comments:

  1. I enjoyed your well written poem George. Your subject sounds like my dear husband. Thank you for sharing your talent with us here on Whispers.
    Charlene

    ReplyDelete
  2. Enjoyed reading your expressive and creative work..I am glad that I chose this one to read today..

    Sara

    ReplyDelete
  3. I enjoyed the journey almost as well as you George,,'

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nice poem, George. I like the story within the poem. Thank you for sharing and continued blessings!

    -MJ (www.tgbtgpublictions.com)

    ReplyDelete
  5. YA! So creative is the flow and looming of your words into a poem. I have enjoyed reading this.

    Andrew Ntchindi Jere

    ReplyDelete