Tuesday, February 3, 2015

Hollow Bay Fog--By John Swain--United States

Hollow Bay Fog

Eagle trees appear at dawn
as shadows crack the porcelain fog
between the winter lakes.
Majesty is fragile
as the sliver moon remains a whisper
to guide in the morning sky.
I waded through the stake beds
in the hollow bay
while sunrise rippled the blue layers
of endless air and water.
Coyotes sing on another shore
in a distant bliss
leaving their sound like a wild mask
I wear for my renaming.
And then the merciful quiet
after the wailing for all we are,
this place of loving is restless,
I salve my feet with pine.

John Swain lives in Louisville, Kentucky, USA. Red Paint Hill published his first collection, Ring the Sycamore Sky.

14 comments:

  1. first and last lines tie it together - trees and pine. Love the last line. Maureen

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for sharing your well written poem that I really enjoyed John. I appreciate your talent.
    Charlene

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you very much for your kind words, Charlene.

      Delete
  3. Hello. Agree with Maureen. The last line is the one you walk away with! Enjoyed. Best wishes Ralph.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Really enjoyed the spiritual & reflective mood of this John..'

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi John. I like your poem. It's a witty, sentimental one. Thank you for sharing and continued blessings!

    -MJ (www.tgbtgpublictions.com)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gentle, smooth and spiritually uplifting. I can smell the scent of pine as I read you...Rhoda

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi John...You've painted a lovely picture with words. Enjoyed reading your poem. Thank you! ~Chris

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thank you very much, Christine.

    ReplyDelete