Friday, February 27, 2015

The Love Letter--By Keith O. J. Hunt--Canada

The Love Letter

My dear, I shall meet thee in the summer of thy heart,
where we once walked head to each
elegant upon the world....
And had not a care but for little winds of love
winking there in the dreams of trees,
laying upon me to so delicately, tickle with your autumn hair,
always so soap-scented you
Touch me where I had not known
the ease of such wonder in your eyes,
splendor only for a great king ----
but I a hopeless romantic muse,
with little empty pockets blessed with thy precious petal,
am richer than any lord!
I shall wait for thee in our golden glade,
the heart which flows the waterfall....
by the dawn of your sweet embrace,
in the summer of thy heart,
I shall wait....

Keith O. J. Hunt is a Classic-Romantic poet who generally prefers the older styles which he finds the greatest way to express his thoughts. He loves people, nature, spirituality and all things beautiful. Keith lives in Ottawa, Canada and has been writing poetry for 15 yrs.

5 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love this Shakespearean quality, the "almost" sonnet reflections and how you put your own creativity within the format of this poem! It is an elegant love letter and very much so in my own world of writing -which I adore so much! The Old English is perfect and perfectly penned here! I love it! Sheri

      Delete
  2. Beautiful. Absolutely beautiful. Enjoyed it. Thank you for sharing and continued blessings!

    -MJ (www.tgbtgpublictions.com)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice poem. Thanks for sharing. Heart-reaching.

    Andrew Ntchindi Jere

    ReplyDelete