Thursday, February 26, 2015

Gone--By Linda Hurdwell--England

Gone

Footsteps trample through my heart
Grief runs along my veins
It seemed to end before the start
Death pulled the life line reins.

So much to say, so much to do
But little time was left
Death really didn’t have a clue
When he left me so bereft.

But he’s let a flutter touch my soul
Memories timidly show
Finally I creep toward a goal
Allowing hope to flow.

My loved one is now next door
In the shadows of the past
I wonder what is now in store?
As I let him go at last.

Linda Hurdwell has been a widow for 5 years.  She has two adult sons. Living in the English countryside, she takes her dog, Bessie, for a daily walks and that's where many of her poems and stories are born.  She has always loved writing and has a few short stories published.  Although now a pensioner,  she enjoys working with adults with learning disabilities and running a mencap social club once a week.  Her hobbies are writing, tap dancing, and going to the theatre or cinema with my friends.

4 comments:

  1. Well, Linda, I really love the reference "my loved one is now next door" ..... wow, I had never thought of it like that, but that is a very beautiful and poetic way to see it. Moving on doesn't mean being forgotten and I must say your poem is very inspiring! Sheri

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Linda. Thank you for the beautiful, descriptive poem that touched my heart. Continued blessings!

    -MJ (www.tgbtgpublictions.com)

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is lovely and touching, Linda! I can feel the loss that arrived with little time to spare. After the pain we have to learn to live again while holding on to special memories. Take care. // paul

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Linda:
    A very poignant poem that brings home the truth that only time can heal.
    Love,
    SuZ

    ReplyDelete