Monday, February 9, 2015

My Old Guitar Teacher--By Celine Rose Mariotti--United States

My Old Guitar Teacher

His name was Bruce,
He was the best guitar teacher anyone could have,
My first lesson, when I was nine,
He asked my Dad, if I
Ever had a lesson before,
My Dad, said no I hadn’t
Bruce said I was a natural,
He taught me well, how to play,
He even gave me some of his song books to keep,
He was a real nice man,
I learned to play,
Acoustic, electric, classical and bass guitar,
I was so good that I taught guitar too,
I still play, and when I do,
I think of “Bruce”,
My old guitar teacher,
Who must be playing
His guitar in Heaven now.

Celine Rose Mariotti is an accomplished writer whose work has appeared in magazines all over the USA, Canada, England, Scotland, Australia and India. Some of those magazines include: Green’s Magazine, Poet’s Review, Poet’s Art, Tombigbee, Hindu Young World, Magnolia Quarterly, Lone Stars Magazine, Pablo Lennis, Coffee Ground Breakfast, Pink Chameleon and many more. She has had six books published. She plays the guitar and banjo; has her own home business and lives with her family in Shelton,CT.

3 comments:

  1. Thank you, Celine, for this warm, sentimental tributary poem. Sounds like Bruce was a very special teacher. I remember my middle school teacher, Mrs. Dunlap, who encouraged me to become a writer. I'm still working on it, but I will never forger her encouragement and the light she was in my writing life. Thank you for sharing and continued blessings!

    -MJ (www.tgbtgpublictions.com)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Some teachers we just never forget. Thank you for sharing such a heartfelt tribute to your guitar teacher Bruce. And thank you for sharing your talent in this excellently written poem.
    Charlene

    ReplyDelete
  3. wish I had known Bruce

    ReplyDelete