Friday, February 20, 2015

The Gift of Love--By Suzanne Clement--United States

The Gift of Love

O Lord, I ask I may not be
A stumbling block to those I see
As I live out my earthly life
In daylight hours or hours of night

And not be rude when I converse
By using fresh or hateful words
Or words that hurt or criticize
Or that will cause people to cry

Or do deeds that are bad to do
For that will not bring joy to you
But speak and act in ways of good
Since that is the way I should

Suzanne Clement is a writer from Dover, New Hampshire.

7 comments:

  1. Hi Suzanne. A wonderful reminder in your lovely poem of how destructive or edifying words can be. We need to guard our words & choose them carefully! Blessings, Chris~

    ReplyDelete
  2. Suzanne, its a wonderful to read your poem. To have such a heart is a gift indeed.

    Andrew Ntchindi Jere

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dear Suzanne,
    a nice introspection from the heart.
    Frances

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hello, Suzanne, a great philosophy in your words to being a great example in Christ and in love........ Sheri

    ReplyDelete
  5. I think of the words, "life and death are in the power of the tongue". Thank you for sharing your well written philosophical poem. I really appreciate your talent.
    Charlene

    ReplyDelete
  6. Very nice and deep poem, Suzanne. It touches the heart and makes you think. Thank you for sharing it and continued blessings!

    -MJ (www.tgbtgpublictions.com)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thank you, everyone, for your lovely comments. I will send them to Suzanne. Suzanne, your faith shines through your words. Some thoughts for the reader to ponder about. Thank you for sharing this inspirational poem with us.

    Blessings,
    Karen

    ReplyDelete