Saturday, February 7, 2015

I'm Not Your Magic Johnson--By Chen-ou Liu--Canada

I'm Not Your Magic Johnson (tanka prose)

like dark clouds
these words hovering
in my mind:
Did you ever love me?
I love that you loved me


The low rumble of distant thunder. On the way home, I walk with a heavy step, my legs aching. I am dragged down by this inescapable fact that tomorrow is Monday and it will be hard to get up.
________________

Chen-ou Liu is the author of four books, including Following the Moon to the Maple Land (First Prize Winner of the 2011 Haiku Pix Chapbook Contest). His tanka and haiku have been honored with many awards. To read more of his poems, please go to Poetry in the Moment, http://chenouliu.blogspot.com/

4 comments:

  1. Very interesting piece, thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Interesting and nice poem, Chen. Thank you for sharing and continued blessings!

    -MJ (www.tgbtgpublictions.com)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Chen, thank you for sharing your talent with this well written tanka prose. I enjoyed it. Blessings to you.
    Charlene

    ReplyDelete