Wednesday, June 20, 2018

A Disarming Innocence--By Ndaba Sibanda--Saudi Arabia

A Disarming Innocence

today I saw with my naked eyes
the beauty of young life and innocence
as kids sang their songs with verve and free will   

my eyes fell on the humaneness of their hearts—
a humaneness whose tributaries radiated
a blind love across their contrasts and matches  
today I heard with my thrilled ears
the spills and thrills that the young ones
unleash when they are together celebrating life

I prayed that someone would not be flooding them
with trauma, or turn a blind eye to a swarm of pedophiles
because the kids’ innocence should be an adult’s diligence

Ndaba Sibanda is a Zimbabwean-born writer. His poems, essays and short stories have been published in Africa and the USA. Ndaba currently lives and teaches in Saudi Arabia. Of his career, he says, "writing is my life, and my second wife.”

10 comments:

  1. Ndaba,
    An excellent poem. I liked it!
    Yours truly,
    David Fox

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dear Ndaba.
    Hats off to your discovered & described Innocence
    Great writing
    Knight Writer

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well said. The innocence of children is beautiful.
    Caryl Calsyn

    ReplyDelete
  4. Another beautiful poem, Ndaba. I enjoyed it. Thank you for sharing. Continued blessings!

    -MJ
    (www.creativeinspirationspp.blogspot.com)

    ReplyDelete