Monday, June 25, 2018

Sonnet 108, Healing Rose and Thistle--By Ken Allan Dronsfield--United States

Sonnet 108, Healing Rose and Thistle

The pious guidelines of a life are said
to be born of rose and thistle at dawn
evil briers or brambles grasping tightly
a long read of the sacraments to calm.
Left upon a box of reddish apples
or resting on a bed of fresh thistle
our working knives are sharpest at sunrise
grievously pray on a horned head.
raw sand and salt of ravaged ocean rock
the truth seamless or strewn in a tempest
albeit whispers speak shallow of plot
cherished as the woman's footsteps shuffle.
do quickly scuff along hither and yon
whilst gathering the red rose on Sunday.

Ken Allan Dronsfield is a disabled veteran and poet residing in Oklahoma. Ken enjoys music, writing and spending time with his cats Willa, Hemi and Turbo. He has one poetry collection, The Cellaring and is Co-Editor for 2 poetry anthologies. His work can be viewed in numerous (online) magazines and anthologies worldwide. Ken loves life!

6 comments:

  1. well said - interesting to see a blank verse sonnet

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know that many sonnets are written with a rhyme scheme, some are not....I prefer them this way....I don't know why, I presume, sometimes the rhyme gets in the way of the message or subject of the verse. I thank you Jack!

      Delete
  2. Ken,
    A beautiful sonnet. My magazine is going to be a PDF file attachment soon for those with internet access like yourself for $2 an issue, $5 for 3 issues. My e-mail address is ipoetdavid2@gmail.com. Contact me if you are interested.
    Yours truly,
    David Fox

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dear Ken,
    Well written, & I liked the subject matter.
    Kninght Writer

    ReplyDelete
  4. I know your expertise on this. I must say we should have an online discussion on this. Writing only comments will close the discussion straight away! And will restrict the benefits from this information. Metaphysical shop online

    ReplyDelete
  5. I recently came across your blog and have been reading along. I thought I would leave my first comment. I don't know what to say except that I have enjoyed reading. Nice blog. I will keep visiting this blog very often. visa de canadá para tarjeta verde

    ReplyDelete