Saturday, June 23, 2018

Gray Dawn--By Barbara Tate--United States

Gray Dawn

From this hill of old age pain
I grip the air for balance, nights
no longer friendly, sleep turns me away.

Did the sun ever rise at midnight?
Locked away in a night of loneliness
I wonder what yesterday's tomorrow will bring
and tonight will the Big Dipper pour out its stars?

Names and words cried into a nighttime pillow
dry with the dawn, shadows get lost in sunshine
and spring snowflakes dance on sparrow wings.

          Alone with myself--
          it's a good place to be.
  
Barbara Tate is an award winning artist and writer. She's a member of the Haiku Society of America. Her work has been published in Modern Haiku, Frogpond, Santa Fe Literary Review, The Heron's Nest & Failed Haiku among many others.

6 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Thank you, Jack. I have so enjoyed Whispers.

      Delete
  2. Replies
    1. Peggy--Thank you so much. As I mentioned to Jack I have enjoyed Whispers and will miss it greatly. I know we'll all look for each other's work in the future and keep in touch.

      Delete
  3. Beautiful poem, Barbara. I enjoyed it. Thank you for sharing. Continued blessings!

    -MJ
    (www.creativeinspirationspp.blogspot.com)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Alone With Myself -
    precisely the place
    each of U.S. needs
    to be to literally grow-up
    into whot God wants...

    ReplyDelete