Wednesday, June 13, 2018

Haiku-Senryu--By Kelly Sauvage Angel--United States

Haiku-Senryu

making peace
with an untenable past
full moon’s halo
---
the whisper
of a secret prayer
wild violet
--- 
home at last
each mismatched dish
washed by hand
---
morning embrace
the light not yet peeking
over your shoulder
---
Kelly Sauvage Angel is the author of Om Namah… (published under Kalyanii) and the long out-of-print poetry collection Scarlet Apples & Cream. She most enjoys wiling away her free time in the art studio and amid the magnificence of the natural world.

10 comments:

  1. Excellent collection, thank you for sharing them.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dear Kelly,
    Very good Haiku-Senryu, I enjoyed reading them all
    Knight Writer

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dear Kelly,

    Very impressive poetry. Thank you for your contribution.

    Best wishes,
    Inge

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yours is a beautiful string of haiku, Kelly. Choosing a favourite out of the four would not be fair on the others! Regards // paul

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Kelly. I enjoyed your haiku, especially that last one. Thank you for sharing. Continued blessings!

    -MJ
    (www.creativeinspirationspp.blogspot.com)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Kelly,
    Great haiku. I love to write them, but have just learned to "modernize them" into contemporary haiku.
    Your new friend David Fox
    P..S. If you are willing to spend $8 for a print journal, I'd love to have your other haiku in my 'zine. )I don't have a worldwide audience, my contributors have came from the US. in many of my latest issues).

    ReplyDelete
  7. Dear Kelly,

    What an outpouring of support and encouragement for your haiku/senryu! Congratulations! Welcome to Whispers. I hope you enjoy your time spent with us.

    Blessings,
    Karen

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Karen, for welcoming me into the Whispers community. I look forward to following your work online and hope to meet you in person one day at a haiku gathering.

      Delete
  8. Thank you all for your kind words. It's been a pleasure becoming acquainted with your work. Best to you! <3

    ReplyDelete