Saturday, June 30, 2018

Frozen In Time--By Michael Todd--United States

Frozen In Time (for Donna)

Nostalgic thoughts and remembrances, frozen in time...
A large get together, neighborhood gathers for croquet,
Or, for one or two, find that special tree to climb.
Cares of the world, a world away, was a time to play.

Late of the day, we would listen for the bell to toll.
Eskimo Pies, Bullets, Shivers, one or more if you please.
Frozen treats awaited, as the Merry Mobile would roll.
Push Ups, Dreamsicles, Twin Pops, provide the freeze.

No cares in the world, nothing could rain on our parade.
We held the Buried Treasure in our hands, on a stick.
One dime at a time, and we were off to find out shade.
Lest you want it to melt, better off to eat it quick.

I am grateful for what brought this back to my recall.
It allows me to reflect on times past, in subtle mime.
I hope this allows the same for others, time to stall,
And gather in your youthful memories, frozen in time.

Michael Todd aka Myke Todd has been writing and posting stories and poetry on social networking sites since 2006. He can currently be found at his dedicated poetry site... http://myketodd.blogspot.com/ 

17 comments:

  1. Sending out big thank yous, both to Karen O'Leary, for publishing my poetry here, and always making me feel welcome; and to Caroline Skanne for bringing me along with her, to this place, in what truly was a life changing event for me.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Dear Michael,

      You have been such an encouraging voice here at Whispers. It was a pleasure to publish this poem as we close out the month. Your friendship is a gift! I haven't heard from Caroline in quite some time but if you hear from her, tell her I will always be grateful the she lead you to Whispers.

      Blessings and best wishes always,
      Karen

      Delete
  2. This is absolutely beautiful and makes me a little, well, nostalgic <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I went back to the old neighborhood, Dahlia, a few years back. There was no one to welcome me home.

      Delete
  3. a lovely trip down 'Memory Lane'

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There was a lot of personal history in this little poem, Jack... the good kind.

      Delete
  4. You certainly captured a bite of the past and bought it back to life

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Tyler. If anyone ever grasped the Myke & Donna Legacy, as intended, it is you. I appreciate that.

      Delete
  5. Myke,
    A beautiful poem with lots of good memories.
    Yours truly,
    David Fox

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you kindly, David, for your kind words here, and for all the support you have cheerfully provided to Whispers, for as long as I can recall. You truly are the straw that stirs the drink.

      Delete
  6. Lots of good memories here...thanks for sharing them with us!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Peggy. I can only hope this poem affords the reader a warm, fuzzy feeling... or gives them a case of the chills... Either way, it's all good.

      Delete
  7. I enjoyed this Michael,
    A lot of writing is frozen in time, so you can read it over
    & over again & gaing wisdom from the truth displayed.
    Knight Writer

    ReplyDelete