Saturday, June 2, 2018

If I Go Before You--By John W. (Bill) Williams--United States

If I Go Before You

Sunlight of life fades quickly
its shadows crowd our path,
and into the glorious light
of God we gently step.
For each, His pattern is set;
so, should I go before you,
no tears, my dear friend.
Remember only the happy
times we shared

John W. (Bill) Williams is a retired language arts and children’s literature educator.  He lives in Martin, GA, where he stays busy with his art and poetry.  He has been published in a variety of venues.

7 comments:

  1. John,
    I am not worried if you go before me, dear friend, because I know we'll find each other again once I go to Haven.
    Your friend always,
    David

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dear John,

    A heartfelt write with a positive view. Thank you for sharing your poem with us.

    Best wishes,
    Inge

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nicely-written, John. A delight that I enjoyed very much. Thank you for sharing. Continued blessings!

    -MJ
    (www.creativeinspirationspp.blogspot.com)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I like the sentiments shown in this poem.

    ReplyDelete
  5. True message to reader Bill,
    Even if given only to your lover
    Knight Writer

    ReplyDelete
  6. Dear John,

    The emotion pours on paper in this one, my friend. Congratulations on your comments! It was good to share our final month of publishing with your words. Thank you for being a part of Whispers all these years. Your support and encouragement have been greatly appreciated.

    Blessings,
    Karen

    ReplyDelete