Friday, June 8, 2018

The Painted Lady--By Anne Curran--New Zealand

The Painted Lady (a children's poem)

My delicate china lady
dressed in white
a flouncy dress
and decorative hat
stands with poise
at the foot of my bed

you guard my repose
you light up the passage

The hall doorway closed
to idle grown-up play
so I do not feel scared when
stairs creak
with small footsteps
apples drop onto stones
skeletons spiral from my closet

I do not feel scared
but watch for the cheerful wink
of your unblinking lamp

Anne Curran writes in Hamilton New Zealand where she resides with her pet car Misty and extended family of parents, brothers and sisters. She loves art, going to see films, and walks. 

7 comments:

  1. Anne,
    This beautiful and eloquent, I can se people of all ages reading and enjoying this poem
    Yours truly,
    David Fox

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dear Anne,

    What a lovely poem! thank you for sharing.

    Best wishes,
    Inge

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Anne. A nicely-written, passionate poem. I enjoyed it. Thank you for sharing. Continued blessings!

    -MJ
    (www.creativeinspirationspp.blogspot.com)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Dear Anne,
    I enjoyed this display of writing art
    Knight Writer

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your wondering thoughts encompass the soul of a poet and bring to life the experience for others to ponder. Emile.

    ReplyDelete