Tuesday, June 19, 2018

discarded crowns--By Peggy Dugan French--United States

discarded crowns

for you the days of gold lame and lace
are over
yet for me
each crown and flowing gown
is a special reminder
of days when we would walk
side by side together
you decked out in your finery
creating stares
me in my jeans
soaking up your spirit
lost in the special moment.

today you are still elegant
and original
but sometimes I miss
the glorious days of
gold lame and lace
and regal toddler beauty.

Peggy Dugan French is a California girl with Minnesota roots. She has been the editor of Shemom since 1997. She welcomes this opportunity to share her work with the Whispers readers and thanks Karen for starting such a wonderful shared space.

10 comments:

  1. I love the feeling and hint of sadness found in your poem!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really like your poem and the surprise ending. Very touching.
    Caryl Calsyn

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice poem, Peggy. I enjoyed it. Thank you for sharing. Continued blessings!

    -MJ
    (www.tgbtgpublicationspp.blogspot.com)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Maurice, wishing you well!

      Delete
  4. Very good Read Peggy
    Wonderful encing,of a beautiful experience
    Knight Writer r

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Yancy, glad you enjoyed it!

      Delete