Tuesday, June 5, 2018

Down the Lane--By Miranda Lloyd-Gregg--England

Down the Lane

We met in a silent place, as the dead lie undisturbed,
Our paths crossed and we both stood our ground.
Briefly, our eyes locked, one on the other, in a frozen stare.
I thought I saw the glimmer of a challenge in those yellow eyes,
Although I meant him no harm;
In this passing place, he had as much right as I.
Then turning aside, the fox slipped back into woods
And I continued down the lane.

Miranda Lloyd-Gregg is a member of Waterfront Writers. She lives in Plymouth near the Efford Crematorium and whilst the poem is imaginary, there are foxes in the nearby woods.

13 comments:

  1. Hi Miranda. Thank you for sharing you poem, "Down the Lane." I enjoyed the images you painted and how well-written it is. Continued blessings to you!

    -MJ
    (www.creativeinspirationspp.blogspot.com)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dear Miranda,

    A very vivid poem. Thank you for sharing your work with us.

    Best wishes,
    Inge

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dear Miranda,

    Congratulations on the lovely comments you have already received on your poem. Welcome to Whispers! I hope you enjoy your time spent here.

    Blessings,
    Karen

    ReplyDelete
  4. Miranda,
    A beautiful poem! I loved it!
    Your new friend,
    David Fox

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love this one... the way you wind us into your story. Well done!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Very well done - you kept the suspense going until the end.
    Caryl

    ReplyDelete
  7. Miranda, you packed a lot into a few lines, and I enjoyed your poem! There are foxes near us, also. Once I saw kits as I walked the dog.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Simply a good Poem Miranda
    Very foxy
    Knight Writer

    ReplyDelete
  9. Interesting how animals read our body language and our intent!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thank you all for your really kind comments and encouragement

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hello All

    thank you for your lovely comments and I want to share some exciting news with you, I have been accepted by Plymouth University to study for BA Hons English and Creative Writing next year. It is your encouragement that gave me the confidence to apply. Please keep in touch! mirandalg@live.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  12. Dear Miranda,

    Congratulations! What a big honor for you. I wish you the best with your writing.

    Blessings,
    Karen

    ReplyDelete