Tuesday, October 7, 2014

Autumn--By Yvonne Sparkes--England

Autumn

Ah, Autumn shall I try to say,
How you adorn the path of woodland way?
Give times of misty mornings burnished gold,
Vermillion leaves that gloriously unfold.
This mélange of color floods my eyes
With remnants of an Argentinean sky.
My thoughts of harmony now abound,
To places Pumpkins can be found.
Unified hearts shall then delight,
With blessings at this wondrous sight.
For God who paints the leaf and scene,
Brings love to all, with hopeful dreams.

Born on Feb. 27, 1940 in Barkingside, Essex, England, Yvonne Sparkes,  immigrated to New York in April, 1948 with her parents.  She now resides in Chelmsford, Essex and has two sons.  She has a book published by Cyberwit called Captured Images.  A writer for many years, Yvonne has been published in Israel, Germany, France, Australia, America, and Britain.  She has read her poetry in public at Church and Knockout Competitions. Her hobbies are travel, the arts, reading, hiking, taking her Scottish Terrier for walks, and spending time with family and friends.

15 comments:

  1. Ah, such glorious colors unfold here within your painted words, Yvonne! A beautiful palette of vivacious paint as provided us by our Almighty Painter! Beautiful, indeed! Sheri www.poetryandbeyond.net

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Sheri.
      Thank you for your lovely comment and so pleased that you love the
      handiwork of God as I do. Each season is a delight to behold.
      Regards,
      Yvonne

      Delete
  2. Beautiful poem Yvonne. My favorite season is autumn & you've painted a vibrant picture for us. I agree, our Heavenly Father's handiwork is a unique masterpiece to behold. Thanks for sharing...~Chris

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Christine,
      Ye, God`s handiwork is awesome and gives so much joy to behold every
      season. Thank you for this lovely comment.
      Regards
      Yvonne

      Delete
  3. reminds me of the old masters

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much for taking the time to leave a very nice comment
      Regards,
      Yvonne

      Delete
  4. A very enchanting poem on autumn

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Dear Mary,
      Thank you very much for your lovely comment
      Regards,
      Yvonne

      Delete
  5. I had so much fun, reading this aloud. I would love to elaborate on how awesome this poem is, but I have to get back to reading it again. I have this meter down to a science and I don't want to lose it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Mike,
      Thank you for the lovely comment and I am so happy that you found so
      much pleasure in this poem.
      Regards,
      Yvonne

      Delete
  6. Wonderful, colorful poem--I love the crisp, autumn season, and you capture this essence in your poem!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thank you Marlene and for leaving such a nice comment
    Regards,
    Yvonne

    ReplyDelete
  8. Nice one, Yvonne. Oh how I love the autumn season. Your poem resonates well with me. Thank you for sharing and continued blessings!

    -MJ (www.tgbtgpublictions.com)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thank you Maurice and thank you for taking the time to leave a message.
    Regards,
    Yvonne

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi Yvonne:
    So fun to encounter one of your poems here, I felt like I was walking with you sharing the scenery.
    Love.
    SuZ

    ReplyDelete