Monday, October 13, 2014

Silent Love--By Frances Simwinga--Malawi

Silent Love

At Open Air we met that first week

I felt very weak not that I was sick
Only that my heart had seen a queen
Whose complexion forced a confession                                            
A will to own her yet hard to tell                                                                     
She swiftly put me under a spell                                                            
That would take ages to quell 

Today,  
I was speaking to you
I was screaming at you 
But your ears did not lend                                                               
Your heart stony and sealed                                                                  
Yet my gut felt I got my prey                                                                                     
On great day in a nice way

But time slowly elapses
My eyes gazed on in vain
The burden in my heart I bear                                                            
Soon my life it will take                                                                            
This silent love

Frances Simwinga is a budding poet.  He has discovered healing in poetry.  He happens to have a bias towards slam poetry but greatly enjoys the written word too.

11 comments:

  1. Hello, Frances. I find your poem to be very creative and although difficult to comprehend and focus on what the point of it is, it is still interesting and leaves me curious to realize what it all means................... Sheri

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have to ask - out of ignorance - is the poem intended to be spread out like this. If I know this your intention, then it helps me to think about it...
    Maureen

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Dear Maureen,

      Frances's poem was sent to me with this artistic format. I think it gives us a chance to pause and think about his thoughts. Thank you for asking and for your support.

      Karen

      Delete
    2. She Sta

      Thanks so much. Just think of a man whose is against time but is failing to chest out his love for the woman who has snatched her heart.

      Delete
    3. Dear Maureen and Frances,

      After hearing back from Frances, I adjusted the poem to straight line format. I hope this makes things easier to read.

      Karen

      Delete
    4. Dear karen,

      That really becomes easier, i hope. Thanks

      Delete
  3. Dear Frances,

    Welcome to Whispers! I'm glad to see you already have two comments on your artistic poem. I hope you enjoy your time spent here. Please let me know if you have any questions. Thank you for sharing your words.

    Best wishes,
    Karen

    ReplyDelete
  4. Francis, I enjoyed the read. I couldn't help but envision someone who loves and doesn't have the love returned like they would so much would desire. It is a very painful. experience one that I have had. Thank you for sharing your talent with us here on Whispers and welcome.
    Charlene

    ReplyDelete
  5. Frances,
    A very moving poem. Welcome to Whispers!
    Your new friend,
    David Fox

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Frances. Thank you for sharing "Silent Love." I was captivated by the peaceful magic of the story. Continued blessings!

    -MJ (www.tgbtgpublictions.com)

    ReplyDelete