Sunday, October 26, 2014

Haiku--By Ron Moss--Australia

riding high
on dad’s shoulders
I touched the moon
_______________

dying nettlefold
the hardness of veins
in my father's hands
_______________

memorial day
a place the wind blows
beyond the light
_______________

Ron C. Moss is a Tasmania visual artist, poet and lover of haiku. His poetry has won international awards and been translated into several languages. Ron's art is sold as limited edition-prints and originals. He has been featured in poetry journals and has designed several award winning poetry books.  Ron is a two time winner of the Haiku Society of America International renku competition, and he is a current member on the Haiku Society of America. Please check out Ron’s website--www.ronmoss.com

12 comments:

  1. lovely haiku - 'a place the wind blows, beyond the light'. Evocative. I see you're an artist as well. Have you done any haiga?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Maureen, thank you for your lovely comment and I enjoyed looking at your website. I grew up in Dunedin so NZ is my second home and I still have family there. Yes I create haiga, there are some on my website www.ronmoss.com and plenty here:

      https://www.flickr.com/photos/31023059@N00/sets/

      Warm regards,
      Ron

      Delete
  2. Hello, Ron, your words are so touching and very well justaplaced bringing about a warmth sensation to this reader. The memories you share are so sweet and will ever remain in your heart and soul............. Sheri

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you very much Sheri for your kind comments. Haiku can stay with you and evoke many memories which is why I enjoy writing them.

      Ron

      Delete
  3. Ron, thank you for sharing such lovely memories in this well written Haiku. I do appreciate your talent.
    Sincerely, Charlene

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you once again Charlene for your kind comments, much appreciated.

      Warm regards,
      Ron

      Delete
  4. Lovely haiku. Thanks for sharing !

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you, Robert Dufresne, for the following--

    These Haiku are some of the best I've ever seen, Ron. Thanks for giving us a taste of your talent.

    Bob D

    ReplyDelete
  6. You are so consistently good! I enjoy your verses very much. Thank you for sharing! Ralph

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Ron....these are beautiful haiku, and I can well relate with the first two. I must look up more of your work; I'm impressed. // paul

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Ron. Love the haiku, especially the first one. I remember when I was with my father as a kid, I felt I could conquer the world. Nice work. Thank you for sharing and continued blessings!

    -MJ (www.tgbtgpublictions.com)

    ReplyDelete