Thursday, October 2, 2014

Tanka--By Ramesh Anand--India

with my child
on my shoulder, i walk
in the long rain
carrying the heaviness
of shattered dreams

the crows
are vanishing
at twilight
my child stretches
the end of play

holding tight
to the hand of my child . . .
on the iPad
my mother talks and talks
of returning roles

Ramesh Anand is a engineer from Bangalore, India. He works for Philips healthcare as a manufacturing test strategist. His haiku, tanka and haiga have appeared in 15 countries and translated to 8 foreign languages. He released his first book of haiku poetry in 2012 called Newborn Smiles, published by Cyberwit. Akita Sakigake Shimpo President Award, Honorable mention in International Matsuo Bashō Award, Dr. Sandeep Chauhan Commendable Prize by RLP Award 2013 are his latest awards. He is a member of IN haiku group and blogs at http://ramesh-inflame.blogspot.com/

14 comments:

  1. Hi Ramesh. I thoroughly enjoyed your Tanka. What a wonderful way to capture a special moment within the gift of words like you did, Thank you for sharing and continued blessings!

    -MJ (www.tgbtgpublictions.com)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. MJ, Many thanks for your wonderful comments. Great to learn about To God be the Glory! Publications!

      Delete
  2. Beautiful. Thank you Ramesh. For some reason, until I read your bio at the bottom of the page, I thought you were a mother. I particularly liked that first tanka.
    Maureen

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Maureen. Most of my work are from my experience! These tanka prove my attachment towards my little kid.

      Delete
  3. Very touching tanka.
    Congratulation !

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wonderful visual piece. well done. best wishes. Pete.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Pete! Great to know you enjoyed these works . . .

      Delete
  5. Dear Ramesh,

    It's good to see you already have so many comments on your amazing tanka. Welcome to Whispers! I hope you will enjoy the time you spend here. Best wishes with all your writing endeavors.

    Blessings,
    Karen

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Karen, Thanks a ton for giving me this invaluable opportunity. I am very happy to read wonderful comments from the beautiful minds. Love every second being with Whispers!

      Delete
  6. Hi, Ramesh! Indeed your words are so beautiful and so touching and yet, somewhere there emerges a certain sadness that I can feel and touch. I wish to welcome you to these Whispers halls where camaraderie and talent are shared and cherished! Namaste, my friend!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Namaste She Sta!, You are correct in observing the sadness in every tanka. Great to be part of Whispers!

      Delete
  7. Rameshi, welomce to Whispers! I really enjoyed the Tanka. I too thought you were a mother until I read your bio. Such tender feelings from a dad is inspiring. Thank you for sharing your talent with all of us here on Whispers. I am looking forward to more of your talent.
    Charlene

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Charlene! Yes, I love my little one very much! Sometime from now, haiku will be published. Please watch out!

      Delete