Tuesday, October 21, 2014

Poems for Someone--By George L. Ellison--England

Poems for Someone

Rhyming poetry short or long
Gets my muse in the mood to write
Endeavour to make words a song
Give all I can not to sound trite

Emotive words drip from my quill
Leaving readers’ time to reflect
The words I’ve written did instill
Love for poetry and deflect

Thoughts of the most trying of days
Softened by words so poetic
Cast them to a place far away
You can go too when all’s hectic

Come with me and soon you will see
Each word I write is just for you
Universal praise is not me
Each word I write I write for you

George L. Ellison is a writer of poetry and  short stories. He as published two books called Poetic Reminiscences and Weaving Words.  George lives with his wife and dogs in Chester-Le-Street, County Durham in England. He is a member of The Writers and Poetry Alliance. He is currently working on his new project as well as learning to play the saxophone at the Sage Gateshead!

6 comments:

  1. George, it is always sweet to read your words, my friend. Love your love poem and the gentle sweetness which flows within and without........... these words show your mind and heart think in loving and gentle terms and that is what the world needs now! Sheri

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Sheri for your Kind Comments they are very much appreciated!

      Regards

      george

      Delete
  2. Thank you, Linda Hurdwell, for the following--

    I love rhyming rhymes like this. well done.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Karen and Linda for your kind comments I pleased you enjoyed the Rhymes Linda

      Kind Regards

      George

      Delete
  3. Well done George such a well crafted write. take care. best wishes. Pete.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi George. Poems like this are they type of poems that speak to me. Thank you for sharing and continued blessings!

    -MJ (www.tgbtgpublictions.com)

    ReplyDelete