Thursday, October 16, 2014

Loyal Friends--By John W. (Bill) Williams--United States

Loyal Friends

Loyal friends
are compassionate and kind.
They are like a light
that warms the heart
when things go wrong.

Loyal friends
do not ask
what they can do…
they seem to know
when they are needed.

Loyal friends
are steadfast and admirable…
they grow in love,
and plant gardens
of memorable memories.

John W. (Bill) Williams is a retired language arts and children’s literature educator.  He lives in Martin, GA, where he stays busy with his art and poetry.  He has been published in a variety of venues.

6 comments:

  1. I really liked your description of a loyal friend, John. You have it right on all accounts. Thank you for sharing your talent with us here on Whispers.
    Charlene

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes! I do so agree! Loyal friends accept you as you are and don't throw you under the bus leaving you wondering "what happened"? I had such friends at one time, and I still wonder "what happened"? I guess that is all part of life. I like your definition of a loyal friend. Good one! Sheri

    ReplyDelete
  3. I totally agree--I can say that I have 2 true friends that I will cherish--your poem is a true definition. Mary

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you for your heartfelt poem....You truly defined what friendship should be. A loyal friend remains faithful thru thick & thin. They are rare & precious. Enjoyed your poem! ~Chris

    ReplyDelete
  5. So true, John, is your poem, "Loyal Friends." I believe we all long for friends like that and cherish the ones we do have like that. Nice work. Thank you for sharing and continued blessings!

    -MJ (www.tgbtgpublictions.com)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank for all the kind comments on John's lovely poem. I will send them to him. John, I'm glad your poem was well received. Thank you for your sharing your words and your ongoing support and encouragement. What a blessing you are my friend.

    Warm regards,
    Karen

    ReplyDelete